Author Topic: Help Required.  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Stubborn

• User
  • Say Good or Keep Silent.
    • View Profile
Help Required.
« on: May 08, 2018, 03:10:50 pm »
In this topic I want to enquire that if any of you know Vcmp scripting(Squirrel).Because I really want to learn server scripting. I also know the basics of C/C++ Language like its control structure,loops etc.I have also searched Internet for it but I can't understand it properly.I will be thankful. :)

Offline Saim

• User
  • bowbow!
    • View Profile
Re: Help Required.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 03:22:48 pm »
I think you recently passed your exams of matriculation or intermediate grade, with computer subjects.This type of plan had come to my mind when i passed these grades.

RoyStang's Art
Clan History: UF , CO, and VU
Current Experience:
Evolution DM [0.4] - Administrator
Evolution Attack & Defense - League 2019 Referee
Rob The Vehicle [0.4] A/D - Moderator

Offline Stubborn

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 03:38:40 pm »
I think you recently passed your exams of matriculation or intermediate grade, with computer subjects.This type of plan had come to my mind when i passed these grades.
Wow  O0 you are right.. yeah i have some spare time so i was thinking about it.

Offline Saim

• User
  • bowbow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 04:46:22 pm »
Wow  O0 you are right.. yeah i have some spare time so i was thinking about it.
Well, i was not interested in these stuff, but I got good marks in computer subject, Buddy You have interest in it, so give your spare time to it. and I hope you will learn more things about these Languages. Good Luck for it

RoyStang's Art
Current Experience:

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti

• User
  • Don't be a shitbag.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 06:12:38 pm »
VCMP's forum is the place you are looking for, try for the help there.
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Referee, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Referee, ECKO Management.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline IcyF

• User
  • I am ME.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 09:33:49 pm »
VCMP's forum is the place you are looking for, try for the help there.
Zee bhai is right, you should post this on VCMP forum so you can get alot of info regarding this.

Offline Stubborn

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 02:16:41 pm »
Yeah bro i have visited that forum. I have seen syntax and examples of some commands and functions. But still they are not enough for thorough explaination. Like what would happen if such command is missing and what what a command actually do when it is executed. So i need help for that.

Offline Arsh

• Trainee
  • #UF4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 02:34:51 pm »
You should ask @SuriAttacker regarding this.

Offline Stubborn

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 03:34:36 pm »
You should ask @SuriAttacker regarding this.
Sure.If SuriAttacker is scripter,  I will have a discussion with him.

Offline Hydra

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 03:59:52 pm »
Be clear i didnt understood your questions
what you mean by if such a command missing?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:04:45 pm by Hydra »

Offline Saim

• User
  • bowbow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 04:34:05 pm »
Yes he's saying that he is forgot about hydra cmd

RoyStang's Art
Current Experience:

Offline Stubborn

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 07:01:39 pm »
I meant if running scripts show some type of syntax error then what is the error about if it is command missing , some other errors etc

Offline Hydra

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 11:38:44 pm »
I meant if running scripts show some type of syntax error then what is the error about if it is command missing , some other errors etc
Hey stub, if you do something wrong when you will try to start server you will get a error on console and error name will explain everything if not then try to use that command it will throw error and then fix it
but in vcmp mostly we dont get proper errors if got stucked somewhere and no error poping try to post on forum.vc-mp.org
Code: [Select]
if (cmd == "heal")
{
player.Health = 100;
MessagePlayer("Healed",player);
}
}
if you use this code it will throw a error of expression expected when you start server because i added a extra bracket at end when u remove that bracket it will start working
Also read this thread http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=3335.0
@saim if you cant help then close your mouth dont bark
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:45:47 pm by Hydra »

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti

• User
  • Don't be a shitbag.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 12:16:18 am »
If you wanted to learn squirrel search on the google for some basic points of it and after that try scripting on your server try create a command by yourself if you get any errors vcmp's forum is always there to help you out in any situations and obserb the errors fixes on your mind, like Hydra explained, a example of error in command if you add more brackets than the limitations you'll get a same error "expression expected' if you don't add limited brackets or you didn't fullfill command's requirements it won't work properly and of course will encounter a error on the console which will be same "expression expected'. There are still many more things which you have to get into your mind. For that try hard until you get success. Hoping for the best. Good luck.
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Referee, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Referee, ECKO Management.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline Stubborn

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 08:55:37 am »
Hey stub, if you do something wrong when you will try to start server you will get a error on console and error name will explain everything if not then try to use that command it will throw error and then fix it
but in vcmp mostly we dont get proper errors if got stucked somewhere and no error poping try to post on forum.vc-mp.org
Code: [Select]
if (cmd == "heal")
{
player.Health = 100;
MessagePlayer("Healed",player);
}
}
if you use this code it will throw a error of expression expected when you start server because i added a extra bracket at end when u remove that bracket it will start working
Also read this thread http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=3335.0
Thanks man atlast after hardwork I figured it out.

If you wanted to learn squirrel search on the google for some basic points of it and after that try scripting on your server try create a command by yourself if you get any errors vcmp's forum is always there to help you out in any situations and obserb the errors fixes on your mind, like Hydra explained, a example of error in command if you add more brackets than the limitations you'll get a same error "expression expected' if you don't add limited brackets or you didn't fullfill command's requirements it won't work properly and of course will encounter a error on the console which will be same "expression expected'. There are still many more things which you have to get into your mind. For that try hard until you get success. Hoping for the best. Good luck.
Yeah i have learned many of the commands and its function but still there is some complicated work to do like register commands and cash commands and stats .However i figured out the basic commands like ban,kick,weather,animations,announce,heal,classes etc. If there is any help regarding the above said commands kindly mention please.